- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF): For custodial parents of children under age 18. Usually single parent household although cohesive family units may apply if minimal to no income and one parent either incapacitated or unemployed and receiving or eligible to receive, Unemployment Compensation Benefits. This is a cash grant program.
- Emergency Assistance Program (EAP): If a client is deemed "potentially eligible" to receive TANF upon application, that person is also eligible to apply for EAP.
- Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled (APTD): This is a State subsidy which sometimes supplements income from either SSDI or SSI (federal disability programs). Individuals in this program generally do not qualify for city assistance unless it is medically related.
- Medicaid (MA): This is a medical insurance program. There are several different categories under which a person/household can receive Medicaid benefits.
- Aid to Needy Blind and Old Age Assistance (ANB/OAA): Available to persons who are blind or legally blind with minimal income. Old Age Assistance is also available to individuals with little or no income.
- Food Stamps (FS): This is a federally funded program administered by the State. Emergency Food Stamps may also be available.
- Adult Protective Services
- Department of Children & Youth (DCYF)