City of Laconia City Clerk's Office
Transfer Station Stickers, Passes and Coupons
Solid Waste Disposal:
Meredith Center Road Transfer Station:
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.;
Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Receives: normal solid waste material, limited demolition
and construction material, recycling drop-off center.
Hilliard Road Brush Dump:
Summer Hours (April - November): Wednesday, Friday and
Saturday. 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Winter Hours: by appointment only.
Receives: clean wood only, tree branches less than 3
inches in diameter.
Residential Curbside Recycling:
What: glass bottles and jars; aluminum and steel cans;
plastics #1 & #2; and, newspapers;
When: recyclable pickup "every other week" on regular solid
waste collection day.
Transfer Station Stickers are $20.00 and are good for the calendar year and apply to the Transfer Station and the Brush Dump. A current registration is required for the vehicle that the sticker is going to be put on at the time of purchase.
Day passes are also available for $3.00. A photo ID is required for a Day Pass.
At the Transfer Station the following fees will be charged in addition to the fee for a Transfer Station pass/sticker:
- Loads containing LESS than 1 ton are $5.00 each
- Loads containing MORE than 1 ton but LESS than 2 tons are $10.00 each
- Loads containing MORE than 2 tons are $30.00 per ton.
- Construction and demolition debris is accepted for $7.50 per 100 lbs.
- The fee for appliances is $10.00.
- The fee for E-waste is: CPU's, VCR's, DVD's, printers, scanners, radios, fax machines, home copiers and small stereos $10 each; computer monitors, laptop computers, small/medium TV's $20 each and large TV's (greater than 21") large stereo equipment $30 each.
Spring Clean-up Days are held in mid-May: for more information, contact the Public Works Department or watch for advertising detailing hours and items to be accepted.
Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day:
This event is held one day only, on the first Saturday in August. The event is for households only (no businesses) and is held at the City Garage on Messer Street. For further details, contact the Public Works Department or watch for advertising detailing hours and materials to be accepted.