City of Laconia Planning Department
Planning Board Forms; Site Plans/ Subdivision
Site Review Exemptions (amended 11-6-00) - The following projects are exempted from site review under these regulations, however they must be approved in writing by the Director of Planning and Community Development or their designee. The Director of Planning and Community Development or their designee may apply any and all requirements of these regulations and utilize the Plan Review Committee process:
- Interior changes of use under 5,000 square feet of gross floor area if determined that the proposed use is more intensive and results in impacts to the health, safety, welfare, and property values of abutters and residents in the immediate neighborhood or results in the need for additional infrastructure than the previous use, the change of use must be reviewed by the TRC or Planning Board as applicable. If the change of use is determined to be less intensive, the change of use will be exempted from these regulations. (amended 3-23-98)
- Accessory structures, stationary equipment, and buildings provided that the total gross square footage of the footprint addition does not exceed five hundred (500) square feet.
- Clearing and stumping, regrading and/or alteration of natural or man-made drainage, total area of alteration up to 10,000 square feet. Public Works review is required.
Minor Site Plans (amended 11-6-00) - Minor site applications are defined as any project that proposes:
- Paving of a previously approved graveled area between 1,500 and 15,000 square feet.
- New paving or graveling of existing green space of up to 5,000 square feet.
- Additions to existing buildings or new buildings of up to 2,500 square feet of gross floor area. d. Changes of use, as defined in these regulations, of up to 10,000 gross square feet of floor area.
Major Site Plans - (amended 11-6-00) The Planning Board shall review all applications that are not minor site plan or administrative review, including the following:
- Projects requiring a Conditional Use Permit;
- Projects converting the use of a building to multifamily;
- Any project requiring a lot line adjustment, lot merger, boundary line agreement, or other subdivision.
Whenever a subdivision is proposed and before any contract or offer for sale, conveyance, rent, condominium conveyance or lease of lots in the subdivision shall have been negotiated, the property owner(s) shall apply for and receive Subdivision Approval by the Planning Board.
Likewise, all development or change or expansion of use of land for non-residential uses and multiple dwelling units (structures containing more than two dwellings) the property owner(s) shall apply for and receive Site Plan Approval by the Planning Board whether or not such development includes a subdivision or re-subdivision of the site.
Both Site plan and Subdivision applications may be submitted simultaneously per the Planning Board schedule.
The process is a two month process from presubmittal to Planning Board, however most applications are approved in a single Planning Board Meeting. If there are any questions please call the Planning Director or Assistant Planner at 603-527-1264.
- Builders' Resource Guide
- Zoning Ordinance (See Zoning Page)
- Site Plan Regulations
- Subdivision Regulations
- Planning Board Application
- CUP Application
- Lot Merger
- Site Plan Checklist
- Subdivision Checklist
- Planning Board Fees
- Table of Permitted Uses
- Dimensional Requirements Chart
- Administrative Application
- As-Built Application
- Minor Site Plan Application
- Design/Conceptual Review
- Extension Request Form
- Escrow Release
- Special Events Application