City of Laconia Public Works Department
The City of Laconia DPW is responsible for a number of engineering related tasks. These tasks include:
- Managing the road projects priority and schedule system: i.e, the City's Pavement Management System
- Program manager for the City's Capital Improvement Projects that managed by Public Works Provide road, sewer and drainage information to surveyors, engineers, contractors and home owners.
- Prepare bid documents and administer City projects involving road, sewer and drainage improvements
- Preparing required permits relating to sewer, drainage and road projects. Obtain approval of the permits from various State and Federal Agencies.
- Construction inspection for City road improvement projects.
- Provide field support for DPW sewer, drainage and road projects
- Manage the City's Sanitary Sewer System
- Reviews development plans focusing on stormwater drainage, roadways, sanitary sewers and related information as a member of the City of Laconia Technical Review Committee (TRC).
- Maintain street records and plans.
- Manage the City's 911 addressing system
- GIS and mapping support for other City departments.