City of Laconia Public Works Department
|The City of Laconia DPW oversees improvements for approximately 100 miles of roadway and adjacent sidewalks. Each construction season, certain roads and sidewalks are selected for improvement. The selection criteria is based on a number of factors, including the current condition, traffic count, funding, and the need for contiguous utility work.|
Recent Projects from 2008
- Messer Street Road Improvements - included drainage upgrades, sidewalk improvements, curbing installation, new pavement, and the installation of a WOW Trail pathway segment.
- Pleasant Street Rail Crossing - in conjunction with the NHDOT and the Hobo Railroad, an upgrade of the railroad crossing at Pleasant Street was completed in 2008. Improvements included underground utility line upgrades, drainage improvement, curb installation, sidewalk installation, and new pavement.
- Scenic Road Improvements - included drainage upgrades, sewer extension, guardrail installation, and new pavement.
- Clark Avenue - included new subsurface drainage, asphalt curb installation, and new pavement.
- Beacons Street East and West Improvements - included a shim and overlay of pavement, installation of approximately fifteen sidewalk ramps, and an overlay of the Main Street bridge.
Proposed Projects for 2009
****(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)****
- High Street Reconstruction
- Beaman Street Reconstruction
- Canal Street Reconstruction
- Brittany Lane Drainage and Pavement Installation
- Church Street Overlay (Main Street to the Church St. Bridge)
- Clairmont Street Overlay
- Jackson Street Overlay
- Sarah Circle Overlay
- Water Street Overlay (Beacons Street West to railroad crossing)
- Various maintenance shims to be determined.