City of Laconia Public Works Department
Before any plumbing work is done or any additions are made to old work, excepting necessary repairs, a plumbing permit must be obtained from the Laconia Public Works Department. Plumbing permits will be issued only to NH Licensed Master Plumbers. A current plumbing license must be displayed each time a permit is issued. Issuance of self-plumbing permits are subject to exclusive approval of the Public Works.
Homeowners desiring to do their own plumbing work must obtain approval from the Director and/or the Plumbing Inspector. Homeowners must have the skills required for this work.
Plumbing Inspection Information
- All plumbing must be inspected by the Department of Public Works. New construction requires two (2) inspections:
- The "slab" or "underground" inspection
- The "rough-in" inspection prior to installation of sheetrock/wallboard.
- Remodeling work will be inspected once.
- The plumber must be present for all inspections
- Plumbing Inspector: David Keets 528-6379
- Plumbing inspections need to be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- No plumbing inspections are scheduled on Fridays.
- Modular homes will be subject to traditional air/water by the DPW plumbing inspector.