Laconia: City on the Lakes

Photo Courtesy of Bill Hemmel

Laconia Aerial Photo Courtesy of Bill Hemmel

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I Apply for City Assistance?

The best method is to call us at 603-527-1267.  We can answer your questions and assess your situation and direct you to any other programs that will also be beneficial to you.

To apply for City assistance, you can visit our office and get an application for assistance along with other forms that may be appropriate. (You can also print an application here) Once this application is completed, you will need to call 527-1267 to set an appointment. 

Included in your application will be a list of documentation that is required to be brought to your first appointment.

When should I apply?

If you are in need of shelter, rent, utilities, food, medical or burial expenses.

If you have received an eviction notice, apply immediately.

If you have received a shut off notice for Fuel/Electric/Gas, apply immediately.

What should I bring to my first appointment?

Proof of Identification
Photo ID, Birth Certificates, Social Security Cards for yourself and all family members

Proof of all sources of income/resources:
Employment, Social Security Income, Tax Refund or Tax return, child support, unemployment, workers compensation and any other source of income.

Proof of all resources:
Bank books, check book statements, IRAs, Certificates of Deposit, life insurance policies, etc

Proof of all expenses:
Rent (by having your landlord fill out the form attached to the application; utility bills, phone bills, food receipts, tuition, prescriptions, insurance, auto repair and any other expense for the last four weeks.

Eviction notices or utilities disconnect notices.

copyright 2017 City of Laconia, New Hampshire| 45 Beacon St. East| Laconia, NH 03246|